Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Artifacts and Antiques

Just some artifacts found laying around Topkapi Palace
On the topic of antiques, I found an interesting article buried in the LA Times over the weekend with all of the major world events happening. The article is about Obsolete, a little shop in Venice that is suing Restoration Hardware. Here is a link to the article. The owner of Obsolete is accusing Restoration Hardware of purchasing his hard to find antiques and reproducing them for the masses. I'm not sure how I feel about this topic as I love that RH brings great design to people at a more affordable price, but as an artist don't agree with their sneaky tactics. I may be biased after dealing with their dreadful customer service and store employees who don't appear to know anything about the products they sell. One thing I learned is that I must check out Obsolete for their impeccable taste and unique finds!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...