Friday, July 8, 2011

Sew Over It

Thanks to a recommendation from Daily Candy a couple of months ago, I found a hip place to take up the retro craft of sewing. I end up with leftover scraps of fabric, and would love to be able to do something creative with them and next time I lose a button, it would be nice to fix it myself. Off I headed to Sew Over It in Clapham for a Beginner's sewing course. Perfect for someone who has literally never touched a sewing machine. As a child I crocheted and embroidered, so sewing is a natural craft for me to learn. The owner was incredibly patient with me and I even walked away with a pillow handmade all by myself. Check out my Orla Kiely inspired design below. I can't for the next step in my needle and thread career!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...